We need your help–Get involved in 2018
Join the team. Be a “community resource worker.”
Training session are now being planned for February, March, and April of 2018
- Get trained to be a community resource worker. Learn about benefit entitlements and help people connect with community resources.
- Choose your schedule, work with a team,
- Support front line workers and food pantry clients while you deepen your understanding of the challenges of people living in poverty.
- Help us find ways for important service information to reach those most in need.
The next training is Sunday, February 18, 1:00-4:00 p.m. 721 Foster St.
The next volunteer meeting is March 15 and every third Thursday morning of the month.
Watch for dates and times of trainings in March and April. To get on the list to be informed write to Betsy Crites at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join the Committee on Senior Food and Hunger to:
- Reach out to seniors in low-income housing to engage with them in finding solutions.
- Research the ecosystem of food and nutrition for seniors in Durham
- Engage in policy initiatives that can help thousands of seniors in Durham and NC.
Next Full Committee Meeting: March 14, 11:00-12:30, 721 Foster St.
Call about attending a listening session with seniors living with food insecurity, February 13, 11:00 a.m. at Watts St Baptist Church 800 Watts St, Durham, NC 27701, United States.
Attend a conference call to learn more about Elderly Simplified Assistance Program, time TBD.
Monthly meetings for either a sub-committee or the Partnership for Seniors.
For more information call Betsy Crites at (919) 381-5969.
Work on Policy
Join the policy team.
Learn about our three policy initiatives and help as needed.
Join our Steering Committee
Help guide priorities, plan events, and be involved where we make decisions.
Meetings are the third Tuesday of the month.
Plus involvement with some committee work.
For further details on any of the above call Betsy Crites at (919) 381-5969 or email email@example.com